General Pool Operations & Rules
Wi-Fi is available at the pool area. Password: Fairview2019
- Contact the Property Manager to obtain a Pool Permit
- The pool is typically open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- The days and hours will be announced at the beginning of each pool season.
- All persons using the pool or pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility.
- Neither SHC nor the Pool management company assume any responsibility for accident, injury, illness, loss damage or theft of personal property.
- The pools may not be used unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Personal listening devices may be used with headphones.
- Water toys and larger floats may be used at the discretion of the lifeguard. The lifeguard may request that toys and floats be removed if the pool is crowded or they interfere with other swimmers’ use of the pool.
- Every hour, the lifeguard may call a 15-minute lap swim only.
- The Pool Manager or lifeguard may close the pool at any time due to inclement weather, mechanical breakdown or other operational difficulties.
- All trash and crab debris must be taken to the dumpster.
- The following are prohibited in the pool area:
- Glass or breakable containers
- Smoking in any pool area including the upper and lower decks and wading pool.
- Wheeled vehicles, except wheelchairs, rollators and strollers
- Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Loud, belligerent and or disruptive behavior that interferes with others’ enjoyment of the pool or disturbs those in the units near the pool
- Parents or guardians are always responsible for the safety and behavior of their children.
- Non-toilet trained persons are not permitted in the main pool. No swim diapers in the main pool.
- Swim tests are administered by the lifeguard for ages 15 and under.
- Wristbands are provided to those who pass the test. Please remember to bring your wristband to each pool visit or the lifeguard may ask for the swim test to be repeated.
- Swimmers under 12 must be accompanied by an adult, they may swim alone after they pass the swim test.
- Swimmers 12-15 may use the main pool alone after they pass the swim test.
- All children under the age of 12 using the wading pool must be accompanied by an adult or responsible person who is a competent swimmer.
- All children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers in the wading pool.
- Owners and tenants are responsible for the behavior of their guests.
- Owners/tenants are authorized to bring up to six (6) guests per unit daily to the pool.
- Owners/tenants are responsible for verifying their guests.
- The lifeguard may limit the number of guests to manage pool crowding.
- The upper deck area may be used for private or community-wide gatherings and events.
- Requests must be submitted to the property manager for approval by the pool committee.
- The event organizer is responsible for the behavior of their guests as well as clean up.
- Severn House Board and committee meeting held at the pool upper deck have priority over other events.
Pool Management Company
Severn House contracts with a pool management company to maintain the pool and provide lifeguard services. The Pool manager and Lifeguards have full authority to enforce the rules and regulations and to deny any persons of the use of the pool for any infraction of the rules. Should anyone be asked to leave the pool, the Pool Manager or Lifeguard must notify the Property Manager in writing within 24 hours.
The lifeguard is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the pool including, but not limited to, the following:
- Verify authorized pool pass, provide sign in sheet for owners/guests to include unit address.
- Manage pool use, including required water tests, cleaning, monitoring crowd size, designating breaks, and ensuring that non-swimmers are properly supervised.
- Manage deck area use, including ensuring that clean up takes place and noise levels are appropriate.
- Address any problems relating to inappropriate or unsafe behavior, compliance with health and safety regulations, violations of the rules and related matters.
- Conduct swim tests.