All Severn House Condominium slips are deeded to unit owners, who have the discretion to lend or lease their slips provided certain conditions are met for the safe use of the marina and to protect the interests of the community and all slip owners.
- All vessels berthed at Severn House must be registered in advance of occupying a slip by submitting a form with proof of current insurance coverage to the property manager.
- The length of a vessel must not obstruct access to neighboring slips.
- Commercial operations are not permitted at the marina.
- Winter tarps or covers must be removed by June 1. Canvas meant to protect brightwork and other deck surfaces may be used throughout the boating season.
- The Dock Master or management company may remove any derelict vessel or vessel deemed to be a safety hazard at the slip owners’ expense.
- For Sale signs may be posted on owners’ boats in the marina
- Living aboard for longer than four (4) consecutive nights or six (6) nights in a ten-day period is not permitted.
- Loud music or unruly behavior are not permitted
- Running engines or generators at the dock for longer than is necessary to check systems is not permitted.
- The use of charcoal or propane grills or any open flame above deck, finger piers, docks or promenade is not permitted.
- No items may be permanently placed or installed on the finger piers, docks or promenade without the permission of the Dock Master.
- Cords connected to the power boxes must be three pronged, marine rated and of the same or higher amperage as the circuit breaker. Adapters to boost amperage are not permitted.
- Trash and recyclables must be placed in the appropriate dumpsters in the rear of Severn House property. Oil, gas or other marine lubricants and any hazardous materials must be legally disposed of off-site.
- Dock boxes are available for the use of the slip occupant. Dock boxes are the property of Severn House. Dock Box lids must be kept secured. The cost of replacement or repair to a lost or damaged dock box is incurred by the slip owner.
- Swimming is not permitted from the docks, the promenade or piers, except for contract divers.
- Fishing and crabbing are permitted according to Maryland regulations.
- Mechanical boat lifts are not permitted in the marina.
- The owner of the slip is responsible for any violations that are incurred by persons utilizing their slip or the small craft racks.